- Use the same techniques we have been practicing in class - loose to tight, blocking in, line quality and variation.
- Create your own still-life or work outside.
- Draw through plants and flowers - be meticulous.
- Work from the foreground to background, creating a detailed 3D environment.
- line only
1. Draw layers and layer of what you see
2. Work from light, mid-light, dark-light while you finalize perspective - don't move on to darker mediums until perspective is correct.
3. work from dark-light-fine, dark-medium, dark-dark until you have a very tight drawing
4. Avoid sketch lines as you move into darker mediums.
5. Be conscious of placement of darker mediums, heavier line weights.
- soft graphite
- hard graphite
- charcoal pencil
- good paper (22''x30'')
- rubber eraser